NGD - P90 Heaven

Vintage55

• Members

I visited my favorite guitar shop again today (a weekly event, lately) and did another trade. No funds necessitates I get rid of something to get something new, so away went a Bill Lawrence Swampcaster T, that I picked up used a few years ago. Nice guitar, and I liked the way it played, but just didn't play it much at all.

This guitar I had interested me before and had been hanging on the guitar racks for awhile. I really like P90s and wanted something that would add that sound type to my arsenal. Tried it for a few minutes during my last trip and really liked the neck and how well the guitar was finished. Just a bit of pickguard marks, but otherwise a new guitar. Now that I have it home and running through my amp and effects, I'm even more happy I made the trade. Got a SD Little '59 for one of my strats as part of the deal too.

Here ya go:

PICT0040.jpg

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0043.jpg

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0046.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

I think Crafter has discontinued manufacturing their electrics, which is too bad, if true, and is concentrating on acoustics. This is a sweet guitar that sells for just over $200 new. Pickups sound really good for being in such a cheap guitar. No real reason to change them out for something more expensive. Not sure I'd gain that much doing so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

When I read your post last week, it got me thinking.

My local shop had the same exact guitar hanging on the wall for two years, and I always found myself picking it up.

Have wanted a flattop lp style guitar with p90's for a long time, so I offered up my Xaviere hollowbody tele style with p90's even up, and he went for it.

I liked the Xaviere, had great tone but I never got along with the neck and this neck is narrower and easier to handle.

Got it home and like you said, it sounds fantastic, plays great and has a very cool vintage vibe. P90's on an LP body are a wonderful thing!

Thanks for the idea!

• Members

Now that I've had it for awhile, I like it even more. The pickups are really good. The neck is as good as anything I've played.

It's a shame the guitar world is so fickle with the headstock brand-name {censored}. So many really good guitars, and alot of them inexpensive, go terribly overlooked. I guess, in reality, it's the players themselves that are getting screwed. But, in this case, I think Crafter discontinued their electric line of guitars. Too bad for all of you who can appreciate an inexpensive guitar that's actually good and will never have a chance to own one of these.

If this guitar said Gibson on the headstock, everyone would be all over it...and thrilled that Gibson only wanted $800 for it.

This guitar costs $229....but, of course, we all know that it's worth way more than $571 for the Gibson name on the headstock...

• Members

Very nice! Me like.

Me likey too!

:)

The same shop has some tele's by Crafter. I might run over there tomorrow and tempt myself. ;)

Got some guns to sell at a gun show in the morning. If all goes well, it may be another NGD for me tomorrow.

• Members

sigh* I kinda figured that somehow.

And now, because of your obstinance, I'm gonna have to start a whole new thread asking where to go for a reasonably priced, high quality, double cut, 2 P90 LP Jr. clone.

Oh well.

eBay

the same guitar, but in red...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crafter-LJ-550-Electric-Guitar-LJ550-WR-DAE29_W0QQitemZ390110629974QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item5ad467d056

that was easy...;)

:wave:

Archived