Anyone have a non-reverse Firebird?

nevermind

• Members

I've always been a Firebird junky and have owned several, but never a non-reverse type. Was just sitting here staring at the non-reverse model on my scales/modes chart and thought I'd ask.

If ya got one lets hear about it, and be sure to include lots of glamour shots.

• Members

I always get confused. People seem to refer to this as the non reversed:

SDC10589.jpg

But it technically is reversed from the standard way of the shape of a guitar. But it's the "standard" Firebird...

Then you get this one referred to as the "non reverse", because it follows more typical guitar lines...

3292871768_6fdf23696f.jpg

Maybe I'm just dumb.

Either way, I am bumping the thread, because I love them both (the top one is mine :thu:)

• Members

I've own a 5 and a 12 string non reverse and presently own a 1 &3 reverse. The non reverse I liked but they have set necks not neck thru and there wasn't a lot of defference between the 1,3,5, & 7. The only thing that change were the pickups and the number of pickups in each and the tailpiece/ bridge. (1=2p90's,3=3 p90's, 5 =2 mini humbucker & 7 =3mini humbuckers )

• Members

how is the stormbird?

I've fought hard not to buy one or one of the Italias for a few years

It's actually a pretty decent guitar, especially for the money (... I think I paid around $250). The fit and finish was surprisingly good... (probably in the same league as the nicer Epiphones). It played very well, and the stock P-90s weren't too bad.

I ended up selling it (to a fellow forumite) because I tend to prefer really big fat, chunky necks; the neck on the Stormbird is more of a standard slim C shape. All-in-all, it was pretty fun... just not quite my thing.

Stormbird1_sml.jpg

Stormbird2_sml.jpg

Archived