First Generation Xaviere XV-900 Question

jakkim

• Members

I have the opportunity to pickup a first generation Xaviere XV-900 but don't know much about them. Are the new models significantly better...the one I'm looking at has the metal badge on the headstock. Were the pups still Fat Pats, also how are the neck profiles as I hear they may have been a bit different a few years ago.

• Members

Pickups were Fat Pats, but they may have been unbranded (left the factory without OEM markings). I haven't had my hand on a new one, but the neck on my 1st Gen is quite comfortable, on the thin side, but not shreddy. Again, I can't speak to apples-to-apples differences, and I have a small sample set to work with, but I do not feel my old XV900 suffers in any comparison to my most recent Xaviere purchases.

• Members

I've played two of them and Guitar Center had a used one with the abalone/MOP inlays all over the body and it was h-o-t HOT! But they were asking like $799 for it and I couldn't pull the trigger. If they were asking $400, I'd have one on my wall right now. It was a great guitar and I must have played it 10 times over a couple months.

Archived