HNHD...Zero-T ....The King-T

Runn3r

• Members

Nice!

But surely a flat fretboard is 'infinite radius' though?

:D

yes..i have seen a flat surface described as 'infinite radius'

howeva

i avoid using 'infinity' when i can use the number ZERO to describe NO radius

as in 1: Yes .. 0: NO

• Members

It certainly looks great.

What is the neck relief like with zero truss-rod? What gauge of strings are you running?

Of course nylon string type guitars usually have zero radius fretboards, but I can't name any electrics. I've always heard that fretboards have a radius for ergonomic reasons (while chording). How does this fretboard feel when chording?

• Members

It certainly looks great.

What is the neck relief like with zero truss-rod? What gauge of strings are you running?

Of course nylon string type guitars usually have zero radius fretboards, but I can't name any electrics. I've always heard that fretboards have a radius for ergonomic reasons (while chording). How does this fretboard feel when chording?

...cheers headless

..neck is straight...no relief (well at least as far as my eye can tell)

...gauge of strings... 42,32,26,17,13,10

...chording is fine as my hands are already small in the first place

...it only the 'larger-sized' hands tht might feel the appreciable difference between radius and non-radiused surfaces, IMO

...but it all ok on this front as i play 'full sized barre chords' maybe 1% of the time while i play :D

...if you are pre-dominantly 'barre chord playa' then perhaps the radiused surface might offer greater comfort though i cant imagine it to be significant if u have small hands to begin with

• Members

:D

yes..i have seen a flat surface described as 'infinite radius'

howeva

i avoid using 'infinity' when i can use the number ZERO to describe NO radius

as in 1: Yes .. 0: NO

Yes, but 1 divided by zero is NOT "undefined" as they would have you believe in school.

One divided by zero is actually infinity. I can show you the math if you'd like.

Oh, and very nice guitar. :thu:

Archived