Kahler Trems?

drvr6177

• Members

Don't bother with the Hybrids, they are crap. I've tried them on three different occasions. if you really want a Kahler, buy an old Peavey with one, they will cost you around 150 dollars, a Kahler tremolo will cost you around 300. Ironic.

• Members

Well the kahler im looking at is gonna cost me around 100 bucks i'm looking at that vs buying a new guitar with a trem i'm leaning at puting it on the viper to start and seeing how the guitar isn't worth that much it would be no real loss

• Members

My '83 Les Paul Standard came stock w/ a Kahler 2300. I removed the nut lock and keep the nut slots lubricated and it works flawlessly. I did buy some higher tension springs for the cam lever so it wouldn't be so floppy. I've got several other guitars w/ Kahlers as well.

That being said...a FR is a more efficient system.

• Members

My '83 Les Paul Standard came stock w/ a Kahler 2300. I removed the nut lock and keep the nut slots lubricated and it works flawlessly. I did buy some higher tension springs for the cam lever so it wouldn't be so floppy. I've got several other guitars w/ Kahlers as well.

That being said...a FR is a more efficient system.

You can always use a Floyd nut with a Kahler trem. I like how you can rest your palm as hard as you want on the Kahler without changing the pitch.

• Members

Don't bother with the Hybrids, they are crap. I've tried them on three different occasions. if you really want a Kahler, buy an old Peavey with one, they will cost you around 150 dollars, a Kahler tremolo will cost you around 300. Ironic.

I bought a Peavey in the 90's for $150 to get a replacement neck. I liked it and kept it all intact.

Archived