Anyone ever tried one of these slides?

hardtdc

• Members

These look cool as everything. I may have to order one of these Swivel Slides. It uses an inner ring that's sized to your finger like a regular ring so it won't come off, but the outer ring with the slide on it swivels around the inner ring.

http://www.swivelslide.com/default.asp

Here's a vid of their product from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_DdO-QA2Y

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

i have one... its kinda cool... but the guy in the video has practiced it alot... it not nearly that fluid to use... and the ring itself has some seriously sharp edges...

it would br pretty kickass if it has some kind of bearing in it to make it smooth.. but its just two steel rings loosely rubbing together so it not smooth and its kinda sloppy and flops around a bit when not in use... good idea that could be executed much better

• Members

I have a jetslide and it seems cool in theory, but I ordered a size too big for my finger, which makes it tough to use in practice. If it were the right size for me I'd probably use it more often.

I find it kind of cumbersome too. Especially considering that I wear my wedding ring when I'm playing, so the wedding ring and the Jetslide want to occupy the same space.

• Members

i have one... its kinda cool... but the guy in the video has practiced it alot... it not nearly that fluid to use... and the ring itself has some seriously sharp edges...

it would br pretty kickass if it has some kind of bearing in it to make it smooth.. but its just two steel rings loosely rubbing together so it not smooth and its kinda sloppy and flops around a bit when not in use... good idea that could be executed much better

Now see, that's what I was hoping was that it was made with ball bearings so that the rings would glide against each other smooth and frictionless. When you say sharp edges, is it a detriment to use?

Archived