Anyone know about the Ibanez Steve Lukather sig?

mparsons

• Members

The one that is like 95% the same thing as the RS1000 of similar vintage?

Well, the RS1000 is a pretty sweet guitar. The Luke sig was a little different. Different trem that was locking, different inlays. Not sure if they had the same pickups or not. And I saw a couple blue ones when they were new, not sure if they ever made them in a different color.

I'd assume a shop would realistically try to sell one for more than $300 but less than $500.

• Members

...The one that is like 95% the same thing as the RS1000 of similar vintage?...

...The Luke sig was a little different. Different trem that was locking, different inlays. Not sure if they had the same pickups or not...

Yeah,pretty much the same guitar.Actually,the earliest Luke models had the non-locking trems,then later the locking type.The bridge pickup was a special wound to Luke's specs type thing.I forget the neck pup specs.The music store that I worked at carried Ibanez and we had an early blue/green non-locking trem Luke that I really dug.Great neck and frets with some nice tones in it.I believe that the list price was close to $1,000.

Ed

• Members

Actually, there were two Lukather models for Ibanez: one looked like a modified Ibanez Artist which they only made a prototype of and the publicly available version was the Roadstar variant.

Ahhh... sorry then. I'd never heard of the Artist version, just the Roadstar one that I've seen in person and seen advertised.

:cry:

Still, my guess is the OP is looking at the Roadstar variant.

• Members

They were made in 1983 and 1984. Each year the guitar has slight differences.

83 had 21 frets and a plain headstock. 84 had 22 frets matching blue headstock. Generally the most sought after Roadstar model ever. They usually fetch a couple hundred more than the average roadstars.

Ibanez_HardRockerPro_catalogp02.jpg

ibanez_pro_rocker_p10.jpg

• Members

They were made in 1983 and 1984. Each year the guitar has slight differences.

83 had 21 frets and a plain headstock. 84 had 22 frets matching blue headstock. Generally the most sought after Roadstar model ever. They usually fetch a couple hundred more than the average roadstars.

Ibanez_HardRockerPro_catalogp02.jpg

Yeah,just like the one we had in the store.

:thu:

Ed

Archived