Alternative to gunstock wax?

• Members

So I finished tru-oiling my neck and it's great, didn't tint like I thought it was but it has a really nice satin and I didn't buff the headstock so I got a nice almost nitro gloss on it. Now I want to wax it because I love the feel of the musicman necks (I'm guessing it's the tru oil+wax that makes them feel this way?) problem is I live in a shithole of a town in Canada where it would take weeks to get gunstock wax. If there is another wax that is the same as the Birchwood Casey stuff but more common that would be awesome :confused:

• Members

Does it feel like the EBMM waxes where it's very smooth and not sticky?

I use it on furniture and it's very smooth and slick when properly applied. If you use too much it's bitch to remove and would leave your neck sticky.

• Members

I use it on furniture and it's very smooth and slick when properly applied. If you use too much it's bitch to remove and would leave your neck sticky.

Worst case if that does happen, just hit it lightly with some steel wool or 1200 grit paper & naptha. It will cut right back.

Does anyone know if the tinted wax is colorfast or will you end up with yellowed hands after playing?

• Members

Yup going to end up ordering online but it's annoying since I have the guitar in pieces already and ready for the wax, by the time it gets here in 2 weeks the guitar will be back together and have the {censored} played out of it again.

• Members

Yup going to end up ordering online but it's annoying since I have the guitar in pieces already and ready for the wax, by the time it gets here in 2 weeks the guitar will be back together and have the {censored} played out of it again.

Seems to happen every time I'm in the middle of a project too. It's really frustrating.

Archived