NGD (soon) Benford/Strat content

grunge782

• Members

That's a nice looking guitar there.

I got my Benford about a year ago now. It's a black tele with a P90 in the neck. It is a very sweet unit. I picked it up at his shop and spent a good deal of time chatting with him and nosing around. I have been pondering havering him build me a strat style but haven't got around to that yet.

Do IT :poke:

So you are local to him :confused:?

• Members

Do IT :poke:

So you are local to him
:confused:
?

Yes. I live about an hours drive north. I took a drive down to pick it up. I haven't been on his website for a month or 2. I see he changed it up some. He has a picture of my blackout on there. It is the 3rd one under the standard t plus gallery.

• Members

He has a picture of my blackout on there. It is the 3rd one under the standard t plus gallery.

SWEET. I've been thinking of having almost exactly that guitar built. Black, no pickguard, P90 in the neck, a SC-sized HB in the bridge like a Dimarzio Chopper T, compound radius neck with an ebony fretboard, all black hardware.

VERY nice-looking guitar.

• Members

Yes. I live about an hours drive north. I took a drive down to pick it up. I haven't been on his website for a month or 2. I see he changed it up some. He has a picture of my blackout on there. It is the 3rd one under the standard t plus gallery.

Thats awesome :love:

• Members

Hey guys sorry was at work heres a link to my 1/2 custom I dont have pics on this comp(but im working on it??) but Steve has pics still on his site!

http://www.benfordguitars.com/mitchp.html

Has deluxe strat wiring, and the Sercy pups are wired like the "Big Dipper" ones from a certain someones strat for "scooped mids"..heh heh.

She plays like a dream sounds like it as well. I went through many different strats in all kinds of shops in NC and decided i didn't like anything on the rack or elsewhere. So i looked around here for a bit, talked to DenverDave on here and went with Steve great guy and was wonderful through the entire process. I'm very very happy with Rosie and will never sell her. If im going with another Strat in the future it would be through him again...and possiably a tele...?

• Members

Hey guys sorry was at work heres a link to my 1/2 custom

that's a beaut for sure....one question, is there a reason the string trees are mounted as they are? I don't think I've ever seen the E/B tree closer to the nut than the G/D tree. Was it simply to have the screw holes line up?

• Members

What kind of pups did you get and did you have him do any custom wiring? I went with the standard no names but am thinking of upgrading them, though they certainly don't suck.

He also wired up one of my knobs with a push/pull pot that turns on the bridge pup and functions as a blending coil tap. You slowly roll off the humbucker to a single coil and everywhere in between. Makes for some interesting tone at times.

• Members

What kind of pups did you get and did you have him do any custom wiring? I went with the standard no names but am thinking of upgrading them, though they certainly don't suck.

He also wired up one of my knobs with a push/pull pot that turns on the bridge pup and functions as a blending coil tap. You slowly roll off the humbucker to a single coil and everywhere in between. Makes for some interesting tone at times.

Pretty simple what I got. The only pickup I'd want to replace is the bridge, I already have a white super distortion.

I wanted a normal o strat. It has a push pull pot to split the humbucker so I can get a standard single coil bridge strat sound.

I'm playing 33% surf rock, 33% western, 33% experimental/indie rock with it so I didn't want to go too crazy with the wiring.

I'm not a huge strat user but when I'm writing music I feel that I would need one about 20-25 percent of the time.

Archived