Guitar Tone wizards, I need to know!

goosefartfan

• Members

I just watched (for like the 29th time) this video:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I'm in love with the 335 video! It blows me away how different he can make that guitar sound!! What I can't get over is how he goes from very clean on his neck pickup to a snarling OD. Sometimes he does it while still only on his neck pu, and other times he gets it by shifting to his neck and bridge pu together. The only other diff I see (other than changing from neck to bridge and neck pu together) is that he uses a pick for the OD part.

Even though he does those two things, I don't get how he can pull off such a radical change in tone. Is someone off screen switching channels for him, or what? How does he do it?

• Members

I just watched (for like the 29th time) this video:

I'm in love with the 335 video! It blows me away how different he can make that guitar sound!! What I can't get over is how he goes from very clean on his neck pickup to a snarling OD. Sometimes he does it while still only on his neck pu, and other times he gets it by shifting to his neck and bridge pu together. The only other diff I see (other than changing from neck to bridge and neck pu together) is that he uses a pick for the OD part.

Even though he does those two things, I don't get how he can pull off such a radical change in tone. Is someone off screen switching channels for him, or what? How does he do it?

That's the magic of a semi-hollow for ya, buddy :thu:

Archived