Dear Schecter, will you please just stop.

Acid Test

• Members

It looks like a can opener for a tank.

Keep that out of al qaeda's hands!

Beat me to it. I was going to say a bottle opener for a keg.

While I don't care what people play it just befuddles me why people go for crazy over functional. Unfortunately, it is all about function for me. Give me a crappy looking guitar that plays and sounds great with good design and hardware over flash and nothing else matters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who thought that was a good idea?

I have a bass made by them which I am very fond of (probably the best $600 purchase I've made), so I have to give them some credit. It does seem however that their instruments are very unique and none of them ever play the same so, I probably just got lucky and received a good one.

Oh well, all I know is that this guitar is butt ugly!

• Members

If 15 years ago you would have told me Schecter and Dean would be back in business making guitars I would have been thrilled and excited to get a Caddilac and a PT.

With what they make now, not so much. I'm not much of a Diamond Darrel fan, although Keel was good and IIRC the guy from Keel played the guitar tracks on Diamond's records.

i always thought that dimebag darrel was the only guitarist in Pantera... or are you referring to his post Pantera work?

• Members

Schecter = LTD, correct? Aren't they owned by the same company and don't they use the same Korean factories?

Anyway, I love Schechters. Some of their stuff has great features for reasonable prices. I downloaded their new catalog the other night and spent about an hour just checking out their lineup.

Archived