White lines all over my rose wood finger board HELP!!!

GIBSONBLUES

• Members

:confused:The rosewood finger board on my 07 Fender Koa Strat. has little white lines all up and down the neck.At first I thought it was just dry so I Lem. oils the board and the little white lines remained.It is only about the looks there is no playability issue.I am putting this axe togeather as my fires guitar frankinstin build.It has a nice koa body and Iwant it to look good and sound good.....:love:

• Members

Probably fret polishing compound that got into the grain of the rosewood. I think those limited run fender models are mostly made in Korea, and this polishing compound issue is pretty common of guitars from several of the big Korean factories. No idea how to get it out. It could also just be really dry wood, in which case I would oil the board with any number of commercial fret oil products, bore oil, or mineral oil. A picture would be very useful in making a guess about what is going on.

• Members
:confused:The rosewood finger board on my 07 Fender Koa Strat. has little white lines all up and down the neck.At first I thought it was just dry so I Lem. oils the board and the little white lines remained.It is only about the looks there is no playability issue.I am putting this axe togeather as my fires guitar frankinstin build.
It has a nice koa body
and Iwant it to look good and sound good.....
:love:

You're wrong.

Archived