NGD, Ebony Gibson!

kirkw

• Members

So I have never liked a Les Paul before. Either the pups didn't move me or too heavy or the neck was too odd. Well making my weekly check of pawn shops and guitar stores turned up a LP that was cheap. So I grab it, frets ends are sharp. Back of headstock says 2009, dang, these pickups sound great! WWhat the hell am I playing here? Truss cover says "Studio" but I've never seen one like this. The neck is different, its slim, and comfy.

What gives?

Well a bit a research turns up an Ebony Studio line was built for GC/MF, Burstbucker pros w/o covers and a " slim 60's neck". Well, well, well. I must play it again just to make sure I wasn't drunk or something.

Yep, its real. yep its cool. yep I bought it.

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Man. its really cool guitar. I mean I hated LP's. never sould "feel" it. But wow, this thing is great! zz top, Blackfoot nails it! I have had 7 fenders and 1 Ibanez (semihollow) and a PRS SE. This thing is unreal. The tone is pure trashy blues with a hint of Allman bros.

I love it.

• Members

I have fixed the fret ends. The action was really high and after looking at it the neck was not straight at all. So about 1 hour of set up and string change. It didn't come with a case so I bet the guy left it out all the time. Here in Amarillo its really dry. I keep my guitars out ( not teh acoustic though) but I also run a humidifier in my office.

Its all hog

Archived