Need help with long cable runs...

VanLaing5150

• Members

Hey Guys...

so here is the dilemma; I'm starting to play at this new hall and all amps have to be off stage. Problem is that means a super long cable run. Does anyone know of a DI box that would allow me to run three cables going in and three going out(Amp input, effects send and effects return)? I've been looking around but have no idea where to start. If someone can point in the direction of some options that are non-rackmount...that would fantastic!

thanks

• Members

Depending on your amp, the effects loop may be low impedance, which means you'll get away with a fairly long run to your pedal board without losing much signal (assuming there's at least one buffered pedal on your board to return the signal at low Z). You could try some long cables with it and listen for any loss of tone.

If the FX loop can support a long run, then you only have to worry about buffering your guitar, in which case I'd heartily recommend this high quality 'class A' device:

bigshot-pb1-slice.jpg

http://www.radialeng.com/re-bigshot-pb1.htm

Coincidentally, I recommended the above in another thread already today... it's pure coincidence - I don't work for Radial! :)

Edit: Post now technically correct (thanks GCDEF ;)).

Archived