Gratuitous Les Paul picture

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

A little side note of interest:

I'm also into motorcycles. There was a motorcycle made from 1932 to 1942 named Crocker. Al Crocker made only about 200 motorcycles total and they are big collectibles to this day. They were way ahead of their time with a V Twin engine putting out about 60 horsepower compared to about 40 horsepower for Harley's and Indian's. His main designed and mechanic was Paul Bigsby. Merle Travis was a customer and meet Paul while visiting. Apparently the conversation turned to guitars and Paul offered to make him a tail piece allowing him to attain a tremelo effect, thus the Bigsby tail piece was born.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.....

• Members

A little side note of interest:

I'm also into motorcycles. There was a motorcycle made from 1932 to 1942 named Crocker. Al Crocker made only about 200 motorcycles total and they are big collectibles to this day. They were way ahead of their time with a V Twin engine putting out about 60 horsepower compared to about 40 horsepower for Harley's and Indian's. His main designed and mechanic was Paul Bigsby. Merle Travis was a customer and meet Paul while visiting. Apparently the conversation turned to guitars and Paul offered to make him a tail piece allowing him to attain a tremelo effect, thus the Bigsby tail piece was born.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Technically they would have discussed a Vibrato effect not a tremolo effect.

As Leo Fender hadn't fudged things up yet.

• Members
C'mon man, look at that Axcess and bask in it's beauty, I'd have both;)

Awww man, a Gretsch Duo Jet with a Floyd, that'd be well schweet:love:

nah...the only guitar I would have a Floyd on is some sort of EVH style - frankenstrat, EBMM/OLP, Wolfgang, etc...In fact, I'd love to get hold of one of those stoptail Wolfie specials and put a Bigsby on that! How's that for Blasphemy? :wave:

Archived