NAD: Peavey Supreme XL

BeerBaron

• Members

Picked up this Peavey Supreme XL this weekend. Got it for $200 with a footswitch that is probably like $50 give or take new. Has a couple nicks and 1 small pencil tip sized tear on the top of the tolex. Other wise it is pretty mint and in pretty good working condition. There is a small pop when I turn it off, but when I turn the master volume right down it doesn't do it. Typical solid state noise from what I have learned and experienced in past.

Has 2 1/2 channels. Clean/Rhythm and Lead. The clean channel with all the knobs at 5 with some reverb just give a nice standard clean sound. Turning up the gain gives it what the channel is named for Rhythm. Good solid Led Zep and AC/DC rhythm.

Lead channel you can pretty much do a nice high gain rhythm and leads. Can do pretty much whatever you want. Scooped sound is nice from it. Been missing solid state scooped tone and finally got an amp I can do some nice heavy/chunky stuff with.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Very quick clip I did for a friend who is actually interested in this amp and is going to try one tomorrow. He is into metal/punk mainly. Misfits and ect ect.

Not my style of video. But this is what heavy tone it can get.

Enjoy

[YOUTUBE]4DNfDS3Z_Fo[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Looks good man! HNAD!
:thu:
Peavey head/Randall cab, I definitely approve
:thu::wave:

+1 on that Exile. I have missed solid state since I have pretty much converted to tube when I got my Valveking and then sold it and got my Laney. I'm glad to have a solid state head now. The Supreme XL has trans tube technology and especially on the clean channel with a put of gain and reverb. Defiantly has tube like warmth/feel.

Thank you for the approval on my Peavey/Laney/Randall set up. Buddy a mine said I have a "rigged" up halfstack. But hell.. he only has a line 6 spider III and yeah.. my set up sounds and works great so lol.

Thanks eh

:thu::thu::thu:

Archived