What ever happened to this guy?????

guitarman3001

• Members

maybe he decided that it's more fun to play well crafted pop songs than shred - I'm not a DL fan by any means, but they put together some catchy songs. Either that or the DL is a steady job which = security.

The same kind of thread could be made for Steve Morse and his Purple gig btw

• Members

maybe he decided that it's more fun to play well crafted pop songs than shred - I'm not a DL fan by any means, but they put together some catchy songs. Either that or the DL is a steady job which = security.

Those Dio songs are better crafted imo and don't have {censored} guitar tones on them.

• Members

I never really thought of him as a shredder. I never considered Dio's music to be shred.

• Members

Are these clips the good stuff?

I know its dated but it doesn't sound even vaguely musical to me (I'm a metal fan of 25 years).

Does he play a violin with his foot as well?

Not sure what you consider the good stuff but his solos in rainbow in the dark and don't talk to strangers are brilliant, imo.

• Members

I never really thought of him as a shredder. I never considered Dio's music to be shred.

Probaly me using the wrong nomenclatura for it - I've always considered dio, or rather the playin on his albums to be mastrubatory in a way i associate with shred (my bad), whereas DL is a pop band through and through

• Members

He suffers from what they call on DinosaurRockGuitar.com "ALD" (Alex Lifeson Disease, once kick-ass players who now for whatever reason refuse to kick ass anymore) other notable sufferers include Gary Moore and anyone else who gave up rocking to play the blues....

Archived