I'm in Guitar Player magazine!

Verne Andru

• Members

Congrats Verne - was that the supercharged V8? Sounded great to me!

Yup. That was done after the first set of mods to see how it recorded. The amp sounds tons better now, I just haven't had a chance to sit down and do more "for fun" recording lately.

The name of the tune - DV8 - comes from the fact that it's in the key of D and played through my V8 amp. But since it's so quirky, the 'deviate' pun works as well even though it was a total happenstance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First, I really dig the clip that got you recognition...excellent groove in that rhythm section. If you're feeling charitable I bet the Sticky Jam guys would have a kicking good time with it. :cool:

Second, I enjoyed the film/animation clip too. Reminds me a little of that film Heavy Metal.

Then you have that Danedetto project too...that was you too, right?

Verne Andru, Renaissance Man...Congrats on the whole endeavor!!! :thu:

• Members
First, I really dig the clip that got you recognition...excellent groove in that rhythm section. If you're feeling charitable I bet the Sticky Jam guys would have a kicking good time with it.
:cool:

Second, I enjoyed the film/animation clip too. Reminds me a little of that film Heavy Metal.

Then you have that Danedetto project too...that was you too, right?

Verne Andru, Renaissance Man...Congrats on the whole endeavor!!!
:thu:

Now you've got me blushing!

Heavy Metal: Good call! Back in 1980 I was on my way to Montreal to work on that film. I stopped in Toronto for a weekend but before I could leave Nelvana hired me for their Rock and Rule film [which is far better than HM BTW].

Yup - Danedetto's mine as well.

Sticky Jam: I do have a rev of DV8 without the lead guitar part I could crunch down to an MP3. I'm not familiar with the Sticky Jam protocol, so have somebody PM me and we'll see if we can make it happen.

• Members

Mega Congrats!! Young Grasshopper

awesome

I was in Guitar Player magazine

your whole life will change

well, actually - it stays about the same, except you get to go "did i ever tell you I was in Guitar Player magazine?" pretty much whenever the {censored} you want

• Members
Yup. That was done after the first set of mods to see how it recorded. The amp sounds tons better now, I just haven't had a chance to sit down and do more "for fun" recording lately.

The name of the tune - DV8 - comes from the fact that it's in the key of D and played through my V8 amp. But since it's so quirky, the 'deviate' pun works as well even though it was a total happenstance.

You're in Vancouver? I'm there for the Olympics. :)

Archived