Floyd Rose Special bridge?

Hurtzher

• Members

Someone else posted about those recently and they thought those are the same as what Charvel, Gibson, etc. have been using as their 'Floyd Rose that isn't a real German OFR' bridge the last couple years.

If it is the same bridge as the ones that come on those guitars, it is supposed to be the exact same bridge as the 'real' Floyd, only made in Korea.

Whether it really is or not, I have no idea...

Edit: That discussion was in this thread. Enjoy. http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2554800

• Members

Made to OFR specs with the exception of zinc saddles and trem block. I do not think it is the same "OFR" that Charvel and others are using as I believe those use steel saddles/block but are made in Korea instead of Germany.

Still, it's probably the best sub $100 Floyd out there. The geometry is right, all OFR parts will fit it, and the baseplate IS hardened steel.

• Members

Made to OFR specs with the exception of zinc saddles and trem block. I do not think it is the same "OFR" that Charvel and others are using as I believe those use steel saddles/block but are made in Korea instead of Germany.

Still, it's probably the best sub $100 Floyd out there. The geometry is right, all OFR parts will fit it, and the baseplate IS hardened steel.

Well, DANG - that's some good news, I reckon. That LTD is looking better and better everyday.

I guess I could always upgrade the block and saddles later on. I think a brass block from Floydupgrades.com would be about $40 and a set of saddles would be about $80ish, maybe (that's what they were the last I looked, at least).

I have a set of chrome Sperzels I can put on it.....Hmm.......

Thanks for the info! :thu:

• Members

That's the one Gibson uses too. The one on my LP Axcess works as well as any OFR I've ever had. The easiest way to tell if it's the MIK Floyd is that the saddles have a bevel on the back edge. The MIG Floyd saddles are square on the back edge.

It does irk me though that Gibby puts a $100 Floyd on a $3K guitar but at least it does stay in tune forever.

Archived