Can anyone tell me what song Gary Hoey is playing in this video?

dawgone

• Members

I have two of his CDs, but I think I like him in this vid more than anything I've seen/heard before.

And I'm not even much of a blues fan. He just seems very comfortable in the vid.
:thu:

Gary is a friend, he actually co produced my bands album(sig).

I have seen him live a bunch and just hung out with him alot. He is a really nice down to Earth cool dude. I love all of of his guitar wizardry, and I am not even a huge blues fan, but he does blues so well, he completely captivates me live with his takes on blues. IMO, he is a way underrated blues player, and should be as well known for blues as all his other stuff.

D7mq0g6Tp9Y

• Members

I worked as a DJ at WZZQ in Terre Haute Indiana about 15 years ago, and Gary came in to do an interview & play on air, and then played a club that night in town.

I had been playing about two years at that point, and asked him how he had done something technical a few minutes before. He showed me, and it was so far over my head, I just nodded wisely and said "oh, gotcha", not letting on I had no idea what the hell he was talking about. He was really nice though, and didn't seem to mind answering my question. :)

• Members

I met Gary in 1997 when he was in Richmond doing a Fender guitar clinic. I got him to autograph a cd and a photo while I was there. He also autographed some Big Apple strats which were his axe of choice at that time and a few years later this one ended up back at the same store (Richmond Music) in the the used rack. I picked it up for $600 with case. I didn't care for the HH Big Apple set up so I went back to standard SSS on it...:o

IMG_4145-1.jpg

GaryHoeyAutograph.jpg

Archived