Vid: Rebel-20 mini stack in process+ Agile DC 2800/W gibson Pickups

jhall

• Members

This isn't too well recorded nor is the playing too good but you can get a small taste of this amp in the hands of a hack who is very tired and hasn't had much guitar playing time in the last several weeks. This is a bone dry take. First and only take. Zero processing. Zero attempt to use the amps EQ.

I had no idea how the recorder would treat it. I also hate demos where you can heat the snap of the guitar Pick over the amp. But I'm guilty of it here.

But I talked so much about this damned amp here I figured I'd better put up something or you'd say it's a Bugera :lol:

Actually I have two Bugeras that I'll be bothering you with vids of too. As soon as I figure out how to make the sound quality better (probably mic with an SM-57 and synk it up with the video). Thanks for putting up with me:wave:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

that sounded great! I tried a rebel 20 at the store and couldn't get a good tone out of it to save my life.

Did they have it on an Egnater cab? When I tried the one I got They had it on top of a 4x12 I used an SG exactly like the one I have (A Gibson Special Faded) and It killed right away. Getting a great clean is not easy but it is in there. The claen in my vid as lousy compared to ehat I've been able to get when I'm not exhausted and take the time to dial into the guitar I'm using.

• Members

Did they have it on an Egnater cab? When I tried the one I got They had it on top of a 4x12 I used an SG exactly like the one I have (A Gibson Special Faded) and It killed right away. Getting a great clean is not easy but it is in there. The claen in my vid as lousy compared to ehat I've been able to get when I'm not exhausted and take the time to dial into the guitar I'm using.

yeah, it was the egnater cab. you think it was the cab that made it sound bad?

• Members

yeah, it was the egnater cab. you think it was the cab that made it sound bad?

Doubt it. The cab is supposedly voiced for that amp.. Mabye the tubes were less than stellar? I find that amp to be very middy too. I tend to find myself cutting the mid knob way down most of the time. I also know they use JJ power tubes in them (which are OK I guess but almost every time I've bought them for my amps they are microphonic as hell especially their EL-84s they just plain suck). They put sovetecs in the pre because they DO tend to be a lot more reliable and the stock ones in mine seem OK but I put in a Groove Tubes Gold Series (Sovetec anyway!!) and AN EH in the second stage.but the stock ones KILLED in the store through the 4x12. So There is a possibility I would have not liked it in the store if it was on an Egnater cab? I don't know.

Archived