NGD in AFG!

stuckinnowhere

• Members

Just received my MIM Telecaster from Sweetwater here on Bagram AF. A MIM might not be a big deal to most, but I love this guitar. Something to keep me sane!

Sweetwater set it up before shipping and it got here spot on! Slapped some .10's on it plugged the AC30 amplug (so I don't wake the neighbors) and it sounds amazing. Sweetwater is amazing!

And thanks to HC for all of the Sweetwater recommendations...now to start memorize Chord Chemistry by Ted Greene.

• Members

Just received my MIM Telecaster from Sweetwater here on Bagram AF. A MIM might not be a big deal to most, but I love this guitar. Something to keep me sane!

I bought an MIM telecaster in August (the sixth tele in my unremarkable 'career') and I've got to say that I've been terribly impressed. I will shortly be replacing the pickups with some boutique-y numbers, but not because the stock ones are bad -- just because I am looking for some more vintage tones. I've got to say that the hardware, electronics, and attention to detail on the current crop of MIM standards is remarkable. I had a 95 American standard for several years, and I'd put the new MIM against it any day of the week...

Oh - and btw, stay safe and sane and come back in one piece!

• Members

Sweetwater set it up before shipping and it got here spot on! Slapped some .10's on it plugged the AC30 amplug (so I don't wake the neighbors) and it sounds amazing. Sweetwater is amazing!

And thanks to HC for all of the Sweetwater recommendations...now to start memorize Chord Chemistry by Ted Greene.

Congrats & Enjoy:thu:

Thank you so much for what you're doing.

Your Courage and Honor are truly commendable.

• Members

HNGD!

Sweetwater shipped directly to Afghanistan? Wow, i'm impessed!

I was in the Afghan theater back in 2002, on a base that officially didn't exist, but it had an APO address so I mail ordered a couple things. Sure enough, they dropped em off in a C-130 with the rest of our mail :D

Archived