Suggest Some Replacement Pickups for LP Custom

ColoradoFenderB

• Members

I recently picked up a 1990 Custom:

LPCustom1.jpg

Overall, I am very happy with this guitar. Looks beautiful and is extremely comfortable - it fits me. BUT, the pickups are not to my liking. The neck is way too muddy and bassy. The bridge is better, but not outstanding. After spending several different nights trying to dial in acceptable settings, I was able to find a sweet spot for the bridge. The neck is hopeless.

Does anyone know which pickups were standard in 1990 Customs? Also, what pickups would you choose if you were going to replace these? The first thought that comes to mind is the safe bet, Classic 57/57+ set. But, I am sertainly open to some other options. What about the SD Slash set? Any others that make sense? FYI - I play mostly classic rock and classic hard rock.

• Members

You need to email or PM one of our members here named Bryan Gunsher!

He runs BG Pickups! He custom winds and I will tell you from personal experience now that you won't find a better sounding pickup. Not just for the money, but a better sounding one period...

Talk to him, one of his sets may suit you, if not, he will custom wind one or a set for you!

Gary

Archived