so i just ordered a roland cube30x

fuzzylogic220

• Members

Im pretty excited. its got a 10 inch speaker so maybe i can swap it out with something better down the line. Ive been looking for a pratice amp for some time now and this seemed to be the best sound for the least amount of money. i wish it had an extension speaker out. but maybe that is something that could be moded........if anyone knows anything about mods to this thing let me know

558777.jpg

• Members

its a decent all around little amp, no need to swap the speaker. If your using lots of effects, switch to the "JC Clean" setting (Jazz Chorus) and then try other settings. The power squeeze is also cool as you can play in a small room or with headphones and crank it a little. They are also made to be lugged around town and take a beating.

The only thing I would have changed on these amps is the top load input jacks. They are in a prime spot to attract dust and other contaminants. Rear or even side mounts would have been better.

• Members

DEFINITELY wouldn't swap the speaker. it's a small FRFR in the front. putting a guitar 10" wouldn't be too beneficial to you.

if you wanted something to mod with a line out, you should have gotten the SuperChamp XD.

• Members

I've had mine for 3 years and love it. It's built like a tank, portable and sounds great. I wish I could use reverb and delay at the same time, that's about my only complaint. For gain I love the rectifier, it's awesome!

You'll never sell it.

• Members

i love my micro, i changed its speaker - specs were real odd so a 3-way car audio speaker ended up being a really perfect match because of the load..

there are a few tutorials out there on it..

i've also seen some folks use a little jensen speaker for it..

Archived