So I made a demo reel of sorts of my video/graphic work... 1950s style

Phait

• Members

[YOUTUBE]xSBZMMj10mo[/YOUTUBE]

Basically I found this job position for a bike shop, which needs someone to edit and shoot video (possibly overseas), design graphics, and provide customer service. They also want someone who understands and knows bikes well... I fit all the above in spades so I had a little time to put together a reel. I opted for a 40s to 50s film feel. The music was recorded from some short public domain film (Prelinger Archives full of stuff). All the title cards were done in Photoshop, and the old effect done in Sony Vegas.

Since my version of Vegas is "Movie Studio" not Pro, I didn't have a jitter effect... I'd of had to do it buy hand... and I might have done just that, but had to get this done ahead of time because you never know how soon these positions fill. So I cut a couple corners but I hope you won't notice :D

• Members

Hey Phait,

Looks pretty good. The part where you`re pulling something out of the ground goes a little long, I almost started surfing to another site.
:D

This is about bikes? Where are they?

Hope you get the job if its what you really want.

Peace,

E

There is no requirement fir bikes to be in there, the shop needs someone who produces media, so I show them what I have done.

The fan film was condensed from the full version, which I also sent a link to for him to review. Here it is for context

I called today and my submission was received and they'll be reviewing them all tomorrow :)

• Members

Nicely done..

The sound of those old 'warning' sirens... jeez,

I am a 'Cold War ' kid.

That singular sound used to scare the {censored} outta me.. now it's kinda comforting... nostalgic, maybe... no more 'drop and roll' under my wooden grade school desk.

Go figure.

Do more Phait.

Archived