Hagstrom Viking, would you?

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Found this on ebay, how are these? Is it gonna blow my xaviere xv900 outta the water or just be a mild improvement? Build quality? Tuning stability? Pickups? Is this even a good deal? Any info/guidance.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAGSTROM-VIKING-DELUXE-335-STYLE-GUITAR-WHITE_W0QQitemZ380219948157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item5886dffc7d#ht_1083wt_723

• Members

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Where are the haters at??? You guys.....damn yous! I'm shivering with gas, I really expected everyone to shoot me down on that one, welp, I will let ya know if I. Do it, thanks so much for the responses!

Another q:

To those who've played both, assuming a great old es335 is a 10, what's this? A 6 maybe?

• Members

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Where are the haters at??? You guys.....damn yous! I'm shivering with gas, I really expected everyone to shoot me down on that one, welp, I will let ya know if I. Do it, thanks so much for the responses!

Another q:

To those who've played both, assuming a great old es335 is a 10, what's this? A 6 maybe?

That thing is garbage, do not waste your money.

Just kidding. Would. :wave:

• Members

I did it

I went back to the ebay listing and drooled more. Seriously guys, will this make me notice those $3149 gibsons less? If I buy this its gonna be hard not to look like a freak because I just bought a xaviere xv900, I need to downsize, anyone wanna buy my xv? How bout an old mic stand for a meager 400?

• Members

I have a Viking. IMHO it's better than the Gibson - selling price aside. The Gibson 335's are notoriously neck heavy causing you to struggle to counter the neck-dive instead of playing. These Hags are very well balanced and built rock solid.

The pickups are "okay." I put a set of SD P-Rails in mine and I couldn't be happier.

IMO the reissues are much better than their vintage counter-parts.

And that is a great price you're looking at.

• Members

As was stated a couple of posts up, if it's half as good as my Super Swede, you're gonna love it!!!

Just picked this up a couple of weeks ago after drooling over Haggies for awhile. Don't know why I waited so long!!!

A couple of photos to stir the gasses:

haggy_001.jpg

haggy_002.jpg

I know I'll be on the lookout for a decent lefty Viking>

Good Luck

Archived