pickup cover?

lachupakabra361

• Members

Pickup covers pinch off a bit of the extreme airy high end. Not a lot, some people don't notice, and some of us do. If the pickup isn't well potted, it can also cause the pickup to sqeal at high gain.

okay thanks. so there is no real difference between a cover with hole and one without? other than you cant adjust the pole height? also, anyone know the spacing for epiphone's pickups?

• Members

I'd probably just replace the pickup with something used off of ebay with a chrome cover. I bet there are 100 of them listed... minimum.

There seem to be three or four different spacings of HBs. There are the big difference, either standard or F spaced, but there are subtle difference between those spacings so you have to make sure it fits exactly. With shipping to Guam, I'd expect you'd find a lot of frustration in covers that almost fit, but not quite. And as Armitage said, if there are issues with your pickup now, it might really squeal like crazy if played loud with a lot of gain once the cover is installed.

A new pickup guarantees it will look great and very likely, you'll get a better sounding pickup.

Depending on what you're looking for, I might even have something for you.

• Members

I ordered some generic Allparts covers for an Epi. The holes weren't a perfect match, but damn close. I didn't notice a difference in the sound before and after. (The pickups had no high end to begin with, so there was nothing to lose in that regard :lol:)

EG

Archived