The "everything looper" thread

Jkater

• Members

Post clips, tips, your own experience, that of others, which one you like, whether you'd love to have one, etc.

These days, I'm having a ball with my JamMan. I'm plugging my digital drum into a DI box and from there into the XLR input, then the bass and guitar go into an A/B box so i can switch from one to the other (a small mixer would probably work too). my guitar is plugged in my Korg AX1000G, an outdated but servicable multi-effect so I can vary the sounds as well. That goes then to the cleanest possible setting of my old (first generation) Flextone. Most corksniffers would laugh at me with my rig but I bet I have more fun than many of them.

I am listening to my backing tracks CD's to get ideas on what to do with it.

Any looper fan/owner/user out there? Share your thoughts! :thu:

• Members

EHX 2880 does the job for me. I absolutely love having 4 separate loops, although the initial loop determines the length of all of them. Other than that, I really can't think of any serious complaints.

I also have a Lofi Loop Junky for some variety.

• Members

Been going nuts lately with a Digitech Timebender into a DD-20... into two Fender tube amps (Deluxe and Bandmaster). Been at it all winter, meditational and medicinal. Stereo is definitely where it's at. Headed to an Rc-50 or a 2880 -- to expand the breadth of options and the sonic palate. Right now the self imposed limitation of using the dd-20 for the loop is keeping my feet on earth. Barely....

• Members

Before I found my way here & developed severe Guitar A.S., I was a delay/looper slut. I used to hang out at Loopers-Delight & have the following items as a result:

Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro

Electrix Repeater

Lexicon Vortex

Digitech RDS 7.6 Time Machine

Line6 DL-4

Boss DD-20

Add to the above various mixers, drum machines, & sound manglers.

I remember when it was a lot easier to play with myself.

:o

:)

• Members

I'm not a looper guy myself, though I love to play back and forth against delay times. I thought I'd share my favorite looper guy with you, though, Ty Braxton. He's playing the Fender in this video. This guy came from my hometown and I've had the opportunity to jam with him on a few occasions. He's always incorporated looping into his technique. Plus he now plays with one of my favorite drummers, John Stanier, who used to play in Helmet.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Archived