Am I the only one that didn't know Gibson made a Tele?

boxcarmonument

• Members
i like the reverb he's getting in this clip.

Funny! The amp forum had a big thread a while back about what hunks of junk the old Gibby Goldtone amps were and how there wasn't a decent tone in any of them. Of course I sternly disagreed having played a couple of them.

• Members

Am I the only one that didn't know Gibson made a Tele?

:lol:

Just to clarify, Gibson "really" doesn't make a tele. They just bought up a company that makes a tele style guitar, in the same manner that if Gibson bought Boeing, Gibson "really" doesn't make 747's.:)

:lol:

• Members

... in the same manner that if Gibson bought Boeing, Gibson "really" doesn't make 747's....

Thank God for that ... wouldn't want the tail section breaking off on a hard landing ... you would need some really big clamps for that repair ... ;)

• Members

Larry carlton was a VA player at one point.

I believe he still uses that guitar. It's been a while since I've seen him but at that time he pulled it out to produce those long sustaining singing tones that he used on his ballads.

• Members

I guarantee it!

If not Ill buy your VA Tele off you at half the price you paid

the problem with the looks is the colors. the gold knobs/control plate, white pickup ring,and red pickup is all incongruent

easily fixed

It was done that way to be a direct copy of the actual Tele that Mason has been using as his main session guitar for decades. It began life as a stock Tele and when he added and modified components, he was only concerned with functionality. The cosmetics weren't even an after thought, so it ended up with this odd, unmatched mix of hardware colors.

• Members

It was done that way to be a direct copy of the actual Tele that Mason has been using as his main session guitar for decades. It began life as a stock Tele and when he added and modified components, he was only concerned with functionality. The cosmetics weren't even an after thought, so it ended up with this odd, unmatched mix of hardware colors.

that makes sense. I remember his wife on TDPRI saying one of his favorite necks was an old mighty mite he had, wonder if that was on this monstrosity?

That amp does sound good, what is it?

Archived