Has anyone ever ordered a guitar from JR Beck?

Destroyer67

• Members

Has there been any communication at all since you placed the order? Was it an internet order, or did you actually speak with someone, or at least get emails?

Was there a shipping notice/tracking number? Has it shown up on your CC bill?

I believe he's located in San Antonio, but I've heard Austin and San Marcos, too.

• Members

I was very close to ordering a guitar from them also, but after three Emails asking questions like: What kind of wood is the guitar made of? and where is the guitar made? With zero replies, I figured they were not interested in selling guitars. I hope you get either your guitar or your money back....Nice website, good looking guitars, but a lousy businessman must run the place.

• Members

Has anyone tried one of their BC Rich copies? I would think those are "cease and desist" models, and am wondering if the ones they are selling even look the same as the pics(like the Titan Ravelle fiasco). I thought about trying out the Mockingbird type, but I decided that I could just get a Bronze series if I wanted a {censored}ty BC Rich style guitar.......

:D

• Members

Originally posted by Clyde42

Has anyone tried one of their BC Rich copies? I would think those are "cease and desist" models, and am wondering if the ones they are selling even look the same as the pics(like the Titan Ravelle fiasco). I thought about trying out the Mockingbird type, but I decided that I could just get a Bronze series if I wanted a {censored}ty BC Rich style guitar.......

:D

Have you looked at the ones Rondo has?

• Members

WOW!!!!!! The one I was looking at went from $259 to $399....Just a minor price adjustment :mad:. Like I said before, the guy is just a {censored}ty businessman. He isn't going to sell many to the folks that know what he was selling them for before.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

Have you looked at the ones Rondo has?

That SX melted Mockingbird has caught my eye, esp. for the price on a set neck, but I really like the "real" shape better.

Im STILL gassing for the JJPistols signature SJM, but other things keep falling into my lap and taking my gear money! Maybe if I keep waiting, they will finally get in the other colors that Kurt sez he ordered a year ago. If they got it in LP Blue, I would squeeze the demon(replacement for pull the trigger) on one immediately! Wait.... that sounded kinda gross......awww, whatever!:D

• Members

Hey Destroyer -

I looked up the address on yahoo! maps. It looks like it's by some golf course/country club - I bet it's not a business site

I hope to get someone to drive me out there this weekend or early next week, it's pretty far from my place

have you tried calling him yet?

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

Hey Destroyer -

I looked up the address on yahoo! maps. It looks like it's by some golf course/country club - I bet it's not a business site

It is probably the address of the clubhouse where the company owner spends his days drinking cognac and smoking Cuban cigars with the money that is pouring in off internet sales of his fictictious guitars.

• Members

The Better Business Bureau

JR Beck Music Products LLC

9004 Jolly Hollow Dr

Austin, TX 78750

Telephone: (512) 538-0520

Fax: 233-5198

http://www.jrbeck.com

The BBB reports on members and non-members.

Local Start Date: January 2002 File Open Date: March 2004

Principal: Lance Bledsoe

TOB Classification: Musical Instruments-Dealers

BBB Membership: This company is a member.

Additional DBA Names

Beck, J R Music Products

BBB Membership Status

This company has been a member of this Better Business Bureau since April 2004. This means it supports the Bureau's services to the public and meets our membership standards.

Program Participation

This company has agreed to use mediation and arbitration if necessary to resolve disputes through their participation in the following programs: Membership Identification, BBB Online.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has a satisfactory record with the Bureau. The Bureau has processed no customer complaints on this company since the Bureau file opened in March 2004. A satisfactory record means a company has been in business for at least 12 months, and properly addressed matters referred by the Bureau. The company does not have an unusual volume of complaints, or any government actions involving its marketplace conduct. The Bureau understands and has no concerns about the company

• Members

Originally posted by harold heckuba

It is probably the address of the clubhouse where the company owner spends his days drinking cognac and smoking Cuban cigars with the money that is pouring in off internet sales of his fictictious guitars.

Or maybe a spot on the back nine where his corpse is buried :D

• 4 years later...

Archived