I need some new tunes!

Oldskool Texas

• Members

Something that rocks but isn't a parody, supergroup, jam band, or a total cliche. No drop-C, cookie-monster nonsense, and no has-been Chickenfoot/STP "classic rock," please.

I lived through the first "new wave" and don't need the second coming. Is there anything new out there that wasn't written for teenagers?? It doesn't even have to be "guitar" rock - just something with a little juice and a spark of creativity.

C'mon, help a guy out who's bored to death with his iPod!

• Members

Judas Priest -- British Steel

I've been revisiting that album lately and falling in love with it all over again, maybe you can too! Other than that, give us an idea of what you already have and we might be able to better recommend things based on your taste?

• Members

First, I'm not sure what you're looking for and what you consider "rocking" but...

I'm sure you got these guys but...still...

[YOUTUBE]lWimOMVdHgE[/YOUTUBE]

And then...

The National

[YOUTUBE]cgRsYkKb1eI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]YbFWAtFb18k[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]RnI28bdZylM&a[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]LvM4T6BVX-g&a[/YOUTUBE]

Please avoid these if you don't like pop, but...

Visqueen - rock with alot of pop hooks...
[YOUTUBE]JmKiRF5pZZ4[/YOUTUBE]

Telekinesis! - pretty straight pop...(be sure to listen past :36)
[YOUTUBE]wAN4jumiblQ[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]qQnoyE00ecI[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry, I've been in a pop mood lately...:facepalm:

• Members

One of the best new bands I've discovered in a long time. Cambodian/African mix of 60's ish type rock. I understand if the girls voice grates, but I like em just fine.
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Take 60's Motown and turn it into some of the rockinest {censored}ing Garage rock possible and you have The Detroit Cobra's. Impossible to not like em. They rock, put on a good show, and well they rock hard!

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Archived