What model of Gibson does Steve Howe play with Asia?

mike.sartori

• Members

I wasn't trying to dispute you. Just surprised, that's all.

But his style is unique and I could certainly understand some awkwardness if he and the other players aren't accustomed to working together.

Heck, even two bluesmen who aren't used to working together can have timing issues.

EG

• Members

I wasn't trying to dispute you. Just surprised, that's all.

But his style is unique and I could certainly understand some awkwardness if he and the other players aren't accustomed to working together.

Heck, even two bluesmen who aren't used to working together can have timing issues.

EG

Look, I found it! This is what I was referring to! Starting at 2min25sec, there's some freaky stuff at some point. :freak:

He plays well, too, but eesh. Better than I remembered, overall.

[YOUTUBE]8gKOjTa8cG8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Steve Howe is one of my very favorite guitar players because he is his own style of guitar player. Some might just call his playing weird, but his playing comes from so many diverse influences that it just seems a little off. He of course has blues influences, but he's also heavily influenced by classical, folk, and jazz music and it all shows in is playing. He has a very unique way of combining all these styles and coming up with very cool and unconventional rhythm and solo parts.

Archived