ahahah... "dude are you serious?"

Phait

• Members

I don't think it was rehearsed. I think it would have been overplayed if it was rehearsed, they couldn't have resisted having the sculptor guy really go off... as it was, you could tell he was just going into circuit breaker mode so he didn't punch the guy. If it had been scripted, I think they would have put too much 'art' into that section. Also, the announcer guy's smile really did seem extremely forced. I mean, you could practically feel the muscles in his neck popping out.

OTOH, I couldn't really see that the sculpture was all that... but then, that actually lends more credence to it, as I would think that they'd get something all arty looking to break, so that they could do a proper ooh and ahh set up.

I think it was real.

• Members

Well, yeah... but since I was offering up an opinion countering the already expressed opinion that it was a put-up job, I should have more carefully vetted my position. As they say on Sunday mornings.

Honestly, for me, the convincing thing was what big losers the TV folks came off as. Real Ted Knight stuff.

Archived