ABY switcher box question...

Karma1

• Members

I bought a Morley ABY switcher box for the purpose of running two guitars (or a guitar and lap steel) into one amp.

In the .pdf I downloaded it says:

IMPORTANT DO NOT USE THE ABY ON A POWERED SPEAKER LINE!

YOU WILL DAMAGE THE ABY, THE AMP, AND THE SPEAKERS.

Does this apply to a PA system? Sometimes I don't use a guitar amp, but run my guitar through a multi effects unit/ moddeler and into the PA.

On some small gigs the PA is just a Mackie mixer and two powered speakers. I'd appreciate any advice as to whether that is ok to do.

• Members
I bought a Morley ABY switcher box for the purpose of running two guitars (or a guitar and lap steel) into one amp.

In the .pdf I downloaded it says:

IMPORTANT DO NOT USE THE ABY ON A POWERED SPEAKER LINE!

YOU WILL DAMAGE THE ABY, THE AMP, AND THE SPEAKERS.

Does this apply to a PA system? Sometimes I don't use a guitar amp, but run my guitar through a multi effects unit/ moddeler and into the PA.

On some small gigs the PA is just a Mackie mixer and two powered speakers. I'd appreciate any advice as to whether that is ok to do.

I'm relatively certain that this means not to insert it BETWEEN the amp and speaker area, as in switching speakers or switching amps to a single speaker.

• Members

I never claimed that any of my ideas were good...

People switch cabs all the time. There are dedicated switch pedals for that, so it's not a terrible idea.

...Of course, if the 4x12 had the same speakers, etc, as the 2x12 it would be sorta silly, yeah :cool:

Archived