Dilemma - guitars

danxrs05

• Members

Ok so I have a few guitars at home and I'm thinking about only getting one.

I own a Gibson Les Paul studio (Wine red + gold hw)

LTD Ec-401 (OW)

I ONLY play the Gibson and am thinking about selling both to buy a more high end model (PRS McCarty for example or Les Paul Custom).

I don't know if I should though. And I know if I sell both I wont have enough cash...that's not the point.

My LTD is sleeping in its case anyway...

I don't know what to do.

• Members

If you are playing in a band, I would keep at least one backup guitar.

I agree... If you are regularly gigging there is a two guitar minimum for each gig

Being stuck with one guitar at a gig can increase gig suckage by the Nth degree if that one guitar suffers problems

• Members

If you like the gibbo then there's no good reason to get rid of it.

Just replace the LTD by something that can work as a backup for the les paul and be a little different at the same time. Like for instance a Les Paul with P90s or a semi-hollow body (epi dot/sherato/riviera, ibanez, washburn, yamaha, etc)....

• Members

I've been thinking about this too.

Sell three guitars and get a PRS Mira.

It looks cool, and a used one would be as affordable as a PRS wil ever get for me...

But the reviews aren't exactly great. Not that usually put that much value to reviews, I know I shoud really play the guitar before judging it...But man, it seems hardly anyone who owns this guitar doesn't plan on upgrading to a mccarthy when they get the funds...

Archived