Bands that did not peak with their first two albums.

twofoolsaminute

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Maiden is a tough one for me. I actually like their first 2 albums best, but you cannot deny the sheer awesomeness of Bruce, especially considering they are still a kick ass band live.

Priest I was never really a fan, but Rocka Rolla is my favorite album-its soo not metal thats why I like it I guess. Same with Killers and Iron Maiden its not metal, or punk, or rock its something different: kind of like punk rock in spandex.

• Members

Maiden is a tough one for me. I actually like their first 2 albums best, but you cannot deny the sheer awesomeness of Bruce, especially considering they are still a kick ass band live.

Priest I was never really a fan, but Rocka Rolla is my favorite album-its soo not metal thats why I like it I guess. Same with Killers and Iron Maiden its not metal, or punk, or rock its something different: kind of like punk rock in spandex.

Don't get me wrong, I like Maiden's first 2 albums but I think they really hit their peak in the Number of the Beast / Piece of Mind era.

Priest's first few albums to me sound like they're still searching for an identity and trying to find what really worked for them. I think they really started to get the Judas Priest sound on British Steel.

• Members

Same with Killers and Iron Maiden its not metal, or punk, or rock its something different: kind of like punk rock in spandex.

Dude! Those albums are most definitely metal! They definitely have other influences, but they are metal! :thu:

As for Priest, their output from the 70s is the best they've ever done.

• Members

Elvis Costello and the Attractions (and the Imposters, of which 2 out of 3 are original Attractions). The guy is a genius.

Talking Heads

Beatles

Ramones

Queen

Pink Floyd

Stones

Zep

Tom Waits

The Fall (although I may take some {censored} for that, but they are what they are.....very interesting ugly music:lol:)

John Hiatt

Neil Young

....for starters...

• Members

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Blood Sugar Sex Magik was their 5th album. Down hill from there.

yes...yes...yes...yes...very yes....

Although I am one of the few who LOVES one hot minute...they actually stretched out and tried something different. I think the melodic ideas of Navarro worked great with their groove.

• Members

Of course there's no real answer to the question. But I bet virtually every answer up there has a fairly large group of people who would fight to the death to say that their first album or two were the real deal and success killed it. I remember people {censored}ting bricks when Blood Sugar Sex Magic came out because they'd sold out...in retrospect you can see that they just hadn't sold out completely yet.

Maybe a thread that would be more fun would be bands that had a good album after cleaning up and getting sober. Has that ever happened?

Archived