So I picked up a Line 6 pod yesterday

jr_vw2

• Members

So how well do those Pods sound through a tube amp instead of a PA?

Boney, I used to run my X3 through the effects return on a Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. It sounded fantastic. That big 15 let all the little nuances come through very nicely. The amp basically becomes an self enclosed PA. Plus, seeing the look on people's faces when br00tal metal comes raging out of an amp covered in tweed and a Peavey logo is quite amusing..

• Members

Boney, I used to run my X3 through the effects return on a Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. It sounded fantastic. That big 15 let all the little nuances come through very nicely. The amp basically becomes an self enclosed PA. Plus, seeing the look on people's faces when br00tal metal comes raging out of an amp covered in tweed and a Peavey logo is quite amusing..

Arrr, this. I love my C30, but when I want a different sound, my Pod 2.0 through the effects loop can give me all kinds of options.

Also, it's perfect for practicing loud without incurring Angry Wife.

• Members

Arrr, this. I love my C30, but when I want a different sound, my Pod 2.0 through the effects loop can give me all kinds of options.

Also, it's perfect for practicing loud without incurring Angry Wife.

Thanks guys. I'm looking for something to use with my C30. I have a GT8 but it's damn complicated dialing in tones. I'd like something simpler and that sounds good.

• Members

Thanks guys. I'm looking for something to use with my C30. I have a GT8 but it's damn complicated dialing in tones. I'd like something simpler and that sounds good.

I know where you can get a pocket pod cheap :poke:

• Members

what version do you have? I have the 2.0 and it is decent. The first ones were not nearly as godd and the newer ones are a lot better. The pocket POD is not where it's at.

Take your time with it, the controls act differently with different models.

isnt the pocket just an updated 2.0?

• Members

Don't judge the POD products by the entry level model. My X3 is amazing.

Holy crap, I agree. The other guitar player in my band uses an X3 Live and it sounds really freaking good. I had the 2.0 kidney thing and it was garbage.

• Members

You started the thread saying "POD" then specified that it was a pocket pod. They are not the same thing and don't perform the same way. I just got a POD 1.0 upgraded to 2.0 (so basically a 2.0) and I am already enjoying the advantages over the pocket pod I had been using til then.

And I agree with those who suggest to take the time to tweak...

I cannot WAIT till I can get my hands on an Pod X3 live, but until then, there are at least 10, probably more, different tones I record with at home with the 2.0 that I am very happy with.

I play my stuff almost exclusively for other musicians. I have never EVER had one of those musicians say, "Dude, that sounds like modeling software. You should use a real amp".

EVER.

• Members

Does the kidney Pod3 plug into the front of an amp or can it go through the effects loop with the four cable method?

I didn't use the 4 cable method, but I just ran it from the output of the POD into the FX return on a Peavy Prowler. That bypasses the preamp on the amp and essentially runs the amp as just a tube power amp. I got my best results with my Tonelab using this method so I've pretty much stuck with it ever since with MultiFX units when using their amp modeling. I feel it gives the most connected, cohesive feeling, esp with the higher gain tones.

• Members

I didn't use the 4 cable method, but I just ran it from the output of the POD into the FX return on a Peavy Prowler. That bypasses the preamp on the amp and essentially runs the amp as just a tube power amp. I got my best results with my Tonelab using this method so I've pretty much stuck with it ever since with MultiFX units when using their amp modeling. I feel it gives the most connected, cohesive feeling, esp with the higher gain tones.

Thanks

:thu:

• Members

Tubes shmubes.. {censored} tubes! I'm so sick of people suckling the teet of the all mighty tube..

Well it turns out the "Tip " I posted only works with Pod XT or XT 3 because you can't turn amp modeling "OFF" on the earlier ones.

..............but they do sound better when you plug a nice guitar tube preamp into them, this is why Nature created tubes.

• Members

Well it turns out the "Tip " I posted only works with Pod XT or XT 3 because you can't turn amp modeling "OFF" on the earlier ones.

..............but they do sound better when you plug a nice guitar tube preamp into them, this is why Nature created tubes.

With the X3, you can skip that step. It simply isn't required.

• Members

Keep in mind that a POD 2.0 or an XT is way, way, WAY better than the Pocket POD and I still say that if I was trying to get good metal/hard rock tones out of a Power Block, a POD 2.0 or XT would be my first choice. If I was looking for decent metal tones but a bigger range of more believable low to mid gain tones, a Tonelab would be my top pick.

I thought the Pocket Pod was pretty much the same firmware as Pod 2.0, but in a smaller package.

• Members

I got the pocket pod mainly because it has a good tuner, and what the heck it might come in handy later on. I wasn't impressed with it as a whole. It seems to dislike some of my guitar cables too. For me, it didn't have enough volume either.

For the price of a new pocket pod I'm sure you can pick up a used pod XT. It's an unbelievable value for its used price. I couldn't sell mine with 3 model packs for $125 around here, and you get a USB interface, tuner, headphone amp, and so many tones!

• Members

I thought the Pocket Pod was pretty much the same firmware as Pod 2.0, but in a smaller package.

Maybe from similar DNA, as it were. I don't know the details, but I had a POD 2.0 that sounded great when run into the FX loop of my Peavey Prowler. It was my go to rig for harder rock through heavy metal, sounded very full and muscular. The Pocket POD just never sounded anything near as good to my ears through an amp but it sounded nearly as good (which is to say, not really all that good) through headphones.

Similar to the Vox Tonelab and Korg Pandora... similar software, but something is different somewhere. The Tonelab sounds great run into an amp but pretty boxy and lackluster through headphones. The Pandora is my favorite headphone amp type thing EVER, but it always sounds too distant when played through an amp.

:idk:

Archived