telecaster pickup upgrade : any suggestions ?

AlexStec

• Members

What kind of sound are you looking for? What kind of amp do you use?

Without any of that sort of info, judging from that you want vintage sound, there are several Bill Lawrence and Duncan models made to replicate the sound of a vintage tele. There's also the Fender Noiseless tele pickups, if you want to get rid of the hum without humbucker sound.

• Members

I use
. Very, very nice pickups.

I have these also but would not call them vintage tele. More of a modern tele tone for me. Very nice pickups and really nice if you have a 4 way switch.

51 Nocasters can be a little dark at times.

You could try the Fender Original Vintage set. Never tried them myself. Not sure what your tele came stock with.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Original-Vintage-Telecaster-Pickup-Set-423116-i1482808.gc?source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=553866048

• Moderators

With the disclaimer that I haven't tried a zillion aftermarket Tele pickups: I wanted a more "vintage Tele" sound for my MIM and stuck in some Seymour Duncan Antiquities. They weren't cheap, but I've had 'em in for well over 5 years and never considered changing them.

• Members

Absolutely BG Pickups. If you can handle the wait. And they are SOOOO worth it!!!

+1

I put BG's in my tele and love 'em. Now I'm debating getting some HB's for my LP now.

It does take a few weeks or a month.... but it it worth it and he will customize them for you.

• Members

I own an early 90's Fender american telecaster.

Could you suggest any pickups to improve the sound.

Stock ones are ok but lack vintage flavour.

Thanks

I got an SX Ash Tele copy that I'm Franksteining and would love your old pickups - lemme know what u want for them

Archived