Question About How to Ask Questions

~flipper

• Members

Just remember that GIO is VERY particularly about which software revs it wants to work with. If you have an older version of GarageBand or Logic, you may be out of luck.

Well, the GiO is working fine with Logic Pro 9, and it is 'okay' with Guitar Rig. I'm not motivated enough to reassign midi channel assignments to make it more compatible with/Guitar Rig.

I'm mainly concerned about what the GiO can handle as far as line voltage on its instrument input. I have no idea. I'm also not clear on what the Mesa would be outputting as far as voltage on its effects send. So, in view of those two 'unknowns' and being skeptical regarding the GiO's tolerances and build quality, I'm too spooked to just jack the Mesa into the GiO.

I can use Guitar Rig, for now. I'm just running drum loops and practicing, so there's no rush, but Guitar Rig is not for me. Not in the long run.

• Members
I have a question about how to answer a question with a question in response to a question about asking questions.
;)

Well that's because you've set up a feedback loop .Wouldn't happen if you had Pro Tools 9. And as for the safety issue brought up by the original poster, have you ever considered what happens if you stick your finger into those spinning rewinding reels on a tape deck ? Another good case against analog.

• Members

Haven't been tempted to poke fingers in the revolving tape reels, but I do go back far enough to remember some sort of flanging-like effect that one could get from applying some friction to one of the reels in a multi-deck recording situation ... it's hazy, but back in there* somewhere.

*recesses of mind

Archived