Do you suppose my computer-challenged Mom can handle this as a Christmas present ?

Bookumdano2

• CMS Author

I think I'd rather have battery powered slippers so I wouldn't have to remember to disconnect myself before going to the bathroom or to make another cup of hot chocolate. A USB-powered cup warmer is a silly idea that's at least a little practical if Mom spends a lot of time at the computer.

• Members

She lives in a part of the country that is cold most of the time. Can you believe this ? -

I may be better off getting the kind you throw in the microwave to heat up. Dunno the world of heated slippers very well.

When I saw that I thought maybe the Onion had started an online catalog store.

I can't see how that could possibly make much sense. Moving enough power through the USB to keep one's feet warm seems like a stretch.

Maybe we can get the EE crowd to give us the full 2nd law/heat/energy transfer lowdown on the practicalities of it.

• Members

I think I'd rather have battery powered slippers so I wouldn't have to remember to disconnect myself before going to the bathroom or to make another cup of hot chocolate. A USB-powered cup warmer is a silly idea that's at least a little practical if Mom spends a lot of time at the computer.

Another good point.

And I can see that ggm and I are thinking alike.

Archived