Jimmy Page's Danelectro

Scoogs

• Members

Fuck me, I'm finding it difficult to find 1) a good photo of Jimmy's Dano, and 2) solid info on it.

Was his bridge wood? I keep reading "Burgundy DC59 like Jimmy Page", but I swear the photo's on Google are black.

School me on his Dano, please.

Also, would it be a decent idea to sand the paint off the neck if I were to get one? I think they still use maple. :lol:

danelectro.gif

Notice the back of his neck. Bare wood.

• Members

Fuck me, I'm finding it difficult to find 1) a good photo of Jimmy's Dano, and 2) solid info on it.

Was his bridge wood? I keep reading "Burgundy DC59 like Jimmy Page", but I swear the photo's on Google are black.

School me on his Dano, please.

Also, would it be a decent idea to sand the paint off the neck if I were to get one? I think they still use maple.
:lol:

danelectro.gif

Notice the back of his neck. Bare wood.

His Dano was actually a one pickup model originally that had a second pickup and other parts from another guitar added.

269408_f520.jpg

• Members

The DC's I remember playing had unpainted necks, stock
:idk:

Yeah. I think I would sand mine to match that if I get one.

Fuckkkk I want one. You think you're done for a while in terms of buying shit, and then some other fucking gear just fills that void.

• Members

here's some new one's
And a cool clip of the man with another dano

The models are as follows: dead on stock 59 re-issues original factory specs. Tuners open back, 3 in line, ivory keys. dual concentric volume and tone potentiometers. seal pickguard. rosewood saddle bridge.original coke bottle headstock. original textured side edge tape

IOW, nothing like Pages':facepalm:

• Members

That's pretty much exactly what I want.

The knobs, rosewood bridge, and tuners look awesome. I personally don't need it to be 100% Page correct.

They should hit stores for the Christmas season. OctNov from what I've been told.

• Members

Nostalgia aside, those rosewood bridges are a pain in the ass and I find they kill a lot of the guitars resonance. Some like it tho.

My Korean version from the late 90's has a traditional bridge and it sounds pretty good. It also has a painted neck (I sanded off the thick poly years ago) and is easy to play. Even the cheap tuners stay in tune pretty well. The rosewood is decent for intonation and the tone is traditional Dano. It's not a very versitile guitar but it does what it does very well.

If I was going to buy a new, better one, I'd look for a Jerry Jones Shorthorn. They are made better and play better than anything Dano ever made and you can sometimes find one for a bargain on Ebay or CL. Even at twice the price, the Jones versions are worth the money.

cheers,

j

• Members

The new Dano's have bridges w/adjustable saddles. MF blew them out (dano 59) for 200 last year (burgundy color, jimmy's is black but for 200 i won't quibble about color). I have the dano pro, dano 56 and the dano 63. all were 200 when they went on clearance except for the 56 which i purchased from pepperland for 250. all have adjustable saddles for intonation.

these are fun cheap guitars that play well. i actually really dig my dano pro with it's odd george jetson shape. can't even play past the 12th fret, basically a rhythm guitar.

Archived