Dweezil Zappa's PRS custom

megawzrd

• Members

Has he really done or accomplished anything on his own to really merit a signature guitar, particularly by PRS?

Just sayin' .... :poke:

Just as Vai, Belew, Cuccurullo, and Keneally were widely praised prior to being recognized for any original material, he's playing Zappa's music at an insanely high level. However, he's been recording and releasing original material since about 1986. Lastly, it's not a signature model yet, just a private stock piece that he had built. But take a look at PRS's other signature models and explain why most of them are any more or even as valid as the potential of Dweezil's guitar becoming a signature model.

• Members

looks like PRS' take on a Languedoc.

and, yes. dweezil deserves whatever recognition he gets. he's a great player.

yes, he's probably only famous because of his famous father, but that's the way the world works - witness Drew Barrymore, George Clooney, Nick Cage, etc.

• Members

That design doesn't do a thing for me with its extended upper horn and atrophied lower horn.
:facepalm:
PRS makes some of the sexiest electrics in the world, but that sho aint one of em (IMHO of course).

The upper horn is standard PRS, it just looks extended with the PRS Mandolin style cutaway.

• Members

Has he really done or accomplished anything on his own to really merit a signature guitar, particularly by PRS?

Just sayin' .... :poke:

If you saw ZPZ you might change your mind. I went with two friends and we have all been to plenty of different shows. It ranks up there for all of us as one of the best. We vowed to go again next time he comes through.

He was very unassuming and mellow. The music just kind of cohesively rolled out. As well as being a great guitarist he is a great bandleader (just like the old man).

The guitar is rather ugly though.

• Members

Granted, but there are many players as skillful or far more skillful who don't get signature guitars and certainly don't have the PR juice to not only get PRS to build the guitar, which itself is no big thing (I can order a PRS custom too for the right price), but to grease a feature story into the magazine, which I am sure cost PRS some serious cash. Since there is not going to be a production model (we'll see about that) it seems like a dual ego flash.

luck of the draw. not everyone wins.

Archived