Installed fresh power tubes in my amp: it busted! :(

Misha

• Members

Well, the Laney Cub 10 is back and... sounds better than ever! :)

At bedroom level, it is even quiter than it was. Now, in the amp there are:

2 X JJ's 6V6

1 X JJ's 12AX7

1 X TAD's 12AX7 --> 7025S RT011 http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_60_63&products_id=1923

Better ground

New rectifier

New fuse

My guitar has also been set up! Very nice action now! It was terrible when I got it and would not stay in tune.

It's a PRS SE Mike Akerfeldt, made in Korea.

The neck is gorgeous on that guitar. It sounds good, it looks good (IMO). The finish is flawless. It's light and has 24 frets. The shape is comfortable, the weight is well balanced. It comes with a nice gig bag!

Not sure about the quality of the tremolo system though. Time will tell. It's set flat for now instead of floating and it will give more tuning stability. The trem arm is a bit too long to be used comfortably while sitting down, too. It can probably be easily replaced (or cut down), though.

064-2.jpg

056-1.jpg

060.jpg

061-1.jpg

058.jpg

Since I was left without a reverb pedal for my Laney, I brought back a Boss RV-5 to give it a try. The choice was limited in reverb pedals at this place, but I think it sounds very good!

• Members

Sounds like you have a pretty rewarding setup now! :thu:

The only thing worse than not having a guitar and amp like is having a guitar and amp that you like, but the guitar doesn't feel right and the amp doesn't respond how you want it to.

Archived