Musicians Friend kudos

philbo

• Members

I bought a 100W powered Kustom powered stage wedge from them a couple weeks back. It arrived & would make ocean sounds when powered up (with nothing plugged in).

I called, they emailed a pre-paid UPS label, and sent me another within 5 days. This one works great!

So, this post is to give 'em an "attaboy" - - They did me right.

• Members

I have been purchasing from MF since about 2003. At first I wasn't very impressed with their service. However the last couple years I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Every time I've had to call customer support I was treated very well, and several times the people I talked to went above and beyond what was necessary to make things right.

• Members

I've always been happy with MF going back to the pre-internet catalog version days. Fortunately of all the things I've bought from them over the years I can only recall having to make one return. It was handled extremely well.

The real test of a retailer is when it's time to make a return or exchange. At the top of my crap list is newegg.com while on the other side of the spectrum Buy.com is my most trusted source and proved it again recently when I bought a computer case advertised with a $20 rebate. I actually purchased the case two days too soon it turned out and my rebate was denied but after a couple e-mails buy.com credited my account for the $20.

• Members

I have ordered everything musical from MF from catalog and internet since 2000, with the exception of my Monitoring set-up which I purchased from a rival NJ based company...not withstanding various and sundry trips to my local 'Guitar Center' for pre-gig 'bread and butter items' which is under the commercial umbrella of MF

Guitar Center has some good close out sales on t-shirts, strings, picks, straps etc....but in my opinion their hired local guitar/bass 'set-up' people really suck....

I have gotten some great deals on 'scratch an' dent' from MF...

On the downside, I had to send some 'two-three items back', but they were very accomodating.....

Love the free shipping, and no NJ sales tax....:thu:

• Members

I've always been happy with MF going back to the pre-internet catalog version days. Fortunately of all the things I've bought from them over the years I can only recall having to make one return. It was handled extremely well.

The real test of a retailer is when it's time to make a return or exchange. At the top of my
crap list
is
newegg.com
while on the other side of the spectrum
Buy.com
is my most
trusted source
and proved it again recently when I bought a computer case advertised with a $20 rebate. I actually purchased the case two days too soon it turned out and my rebate was denied but after a couple e-mails buy.com credited my account for the $20.

Yeah, Newegg has really slipped. Once they were my goto place for computer stuff, now their prices have zoomed.

• Members

Yeah, Newegg has really slipped. Once they were my goto place for computer stuff, now their prices have zoomed.

I find that I don't even get as far as checking their prices anymore. Their site is so painfully slow (mostly Firefox - some Chrome) that I end up bailing before their page loads. It's the second worst site redesign ever.

• Members

I love newegg. Their site works fast for me and navigation is easy. I like the new layout. Nice deals pop up every few days, I get stuff really fast. I still marvel at the way they came back from the dead from their old Egghead retail stores in the 80's. Anyone but me remember that era?

I bought from MF in the pre-internet days. They charged me twice for an Adat XT machine, which was a nightmare to resolve. I think those things just stick in the back of your mind. I go into Guitar Center pretty much only when I need something fast and know that they'll match a price. Those experiences have been okay, but I don't like actually going IN to a music store. Got that out of my system in the 60s and 70s. AmericanMusical and Sweetwater have been stellar when I use them, with Sweetwater being the tremendous one of the bunch so far.

Archived