New GFS Pickups

Crisco

• Members

According to their website

sg5.jpg

sg3.jpg

sg6.jpg

sg4.jpg

I ordered these on Monday of this week, tracked them and received them today!

What service, Thanks Jay!!

Even though I put them in and even got both cables through that tiny hole it has yet to be soldered. That's just not what I'm good at, so here it is all ready to roll acoustically

New bridge too. Why Not!

I may even throw some gold speed knobs on it ala Angus 1981. I'm not sure

• Members

I have a dream 90 in the neck and mean 90 in the bridge. I have never been so sonically satisfied. However, I have the chrome ones and the look has just been bothering me. Does anyone know if you can remove the pickup covers?

EDIT: Forgot to say...Crisco, your SG is lookin' mighty fine. Zebra was a goood choice.

• Members

Just wondering - why opt for a dream 90 in the neck instead of a mean 90 to match the bridge? Is there much of a difference in sound?

I bought the dream 90 as an experiment kind of and had a power rails in the bridge. Needless to say the output was significantly different, but I loved the tone of the dream 90. So, I thought I would go with something kinda "hotter" than the dream in the bridge. To me the dream is more single coil-y and piano like sounding where the mean 90 is similiar but more rude, if that description makes any sense.

Archived