How come George Lynch's hands seem stationary

lincoln40

• Members

oh yeah. Take a {censored}in listen to And Justice For All, his leads are badass. He's playing some modal exotic {censored} in context of heavy {censored}. that {censored} is still badass to this day

Ty for this Lincoln, I cried laughing out loud and had to wipe the corners of my eyes.

I'd love to see the day when an average player has to show George Lynch how to play a few triplets or something so basic.:facepalm:

[YOUTUBE]546KjKMB9kw[/YOUTUBE]

Enter George Lynch riffing off in the studio...If you can't tell the difference in player/playing there's no help for ya brotha.

[YOUTUBE]CWntxpcq9FI[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From what I've seen recently...I'm under the impression that Lynch hasn't played like this in years. I much preferred this Lynch over new Lynch. I don't know if age is getting the better of him or if he's just burnt out, but I don't see this ferocity anymore.

Which is not to say that I'm dogging on Lynch. He's still a great player. Just seems like he's going in a different direction.

THIS. I posted a comment like this a while back and got flamed out of the thread... but in all seriousness, he definitely doesn't have that ferocity anymore at all times... It's definitely hit or miss. I have watched clinics where I am saying to myself "Wow, I almost feel bad defending this guy in fear of looking like an idiot"....

However, I saw him from the front stage Ie if he spit, it was landing on my face and let me tell you (footage is on my laptop at the house) this mother {censored}er was ON thankfully. He still has it in him but it definitely seems like he's mellowed out a ton. Maybe he isn't playing as much, maybe he is just tired of being "Furious George"... Imho nothing he has done since those early 90's studio session or Dokken stuff is near as creative or musically stimulating to me but, like anyone else, I am in awe of his career.

Bottom line, I don't care WHO you mention, Nobody has stayed on the scene longer than Lynch has and stayed creative/working. Some are close sure but Lynch by far in my opinion takes the taco.

I wish many other players kept making albums like Lynch Ie Sykes,Poland, Olive(rip) Obviously Rhoads etc etc ...

• Members

Could the reason that GL has "mellowed a ton" be due to the fact that he was already 35 (according to George himself) when he was with Dokken during its peak? That would make him close to 60 at present and you don't expect someone to burn with the same intensity as they did when they were 35 or even 40. I can only hope that I will be playing hard rock at George's age but I have doubts. I find playing blues and jazz more satisfying as I get older and the last time I tapped on the fretboard with my right hand was to dislodge a piece of dirt.

• Members

Could the reason that GL has "mellowed a ton" be due to the fact that he was already 35 (according to George himself) when he was with Dokken during its peak? That would make him close to 60 at present and you don't expect someone to burn with the same intensity as they did when they were 35 or even 40. I can only hope that I will be playing hard rock at George's age but I have doubts. I find playing blues and jazz more satisfying as I get older and the last time I tapped on the fretboard with my right hand was to dislodge a piece of dirt.

Dude, I got BURNED about 10 years ago in Guitar Center by some guy who literally looked like he may break if a door came back at him like the t-1000 in terminator when it's frozen....

This guy was the epitomy of decrepit.... I started playing some AC/DC/ Ozzy and this dude and me started talking and exchanging some casual "hey you know this"... This old dude played me into the floor. They're out there but very good point, he is definitely not interested in the same things I am sure.

Archived