Don't Mess With Texas

lincoln40

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is lincoln40 still here?

I like Pantera and all, but as a born and raised Texan, I'm hoping L40 isn't from here.

If so, he really isn't an indication of most True Texans.

oh, so you don't like Pantera. Why you changin the subject of Pantera.

• Members
oh, so you don't like Pantera. Why you changin the subject of Pantera.

From the looks of your posts, I'm guessing you are about 14-16 years old, which means I was listening to good ol Pantera before you were even born. I remember hearing Cowboys From Hell right after it came out. Don't try to school me on Pantera, boy.
You seem to revel in pissing off pretty much everyone in every thread you post, good way to make friends and influence people in your short stay here.:thu:

• Members
Pantera was alright.

Wasn't ever a fan of Dime's tone, but his guitars were pretty unique.

Well, until Dean ran that into the ground
:D

Agreed. I love the Washburn Dimebag sig models. The deans are overused with the ML's and Razorbacks. Also i see you're from Iowa? Where from?

and yes Sylvester Lowery. You nailed it.

• Members

Lived in Texas for 3 years and "Don't Mess With Texas" is printed {censored}ing everywhere. Couldn't leave fast enough.

Just to check:

Everyone is aware that "don't mess with Texas" is the tag line of an anti-littering campaign, right?

Or was that not why it was printed everywhere?

• Members
The Washburn V's Dime had were so ballin'!

I live in Ames, IA.
:facepalm:

Oh damn. I was hoping you'd be from my area :D You'd be one of 3 of us that live near Dubuque (or go to it regularly). They have some nice guitar shops in Dubuque but i can't say i've seen the same in Ames. I don't travel there much.

Dime had some cool models but when he died, people like to take advantage of the media attention and splurge a little bit on merchandise. That badass could play though. If only he was given a few more years he could have widened his horizons and played something a little different.

• Members

^What did this boy,zantor9 say? I have him on ignore.

Bro, you're the one that talks like a child.

It seemed he was implying that "Walk" was overplayed, and that maybe it has sapped a lot of enjoyment from Pantera fans, so maybe it just isn't enjoyable, possibly even unlistenable for them.

• Members

You are correct, was first introduced in the 80's. It's been co-opted by a lot of people, businesses and various organizations since then.

Yeah, I saw the post later in the thread. That's what I get, I suppose.

Also, I'm a fan of Dime just because of how ridiculous he must've seemed in the musical environment where Pantera got popular.

Here's Kurt Cobain, playing his simple melodic solos on a Fender Jaguar.

'Here's Soundgarden, playing slightly punked up classic rock.

Here's these guys who used to be in hair metal bands, playing classically influenced solos.

Here's Dimebag Darrel. Playing death metal-influenced southern rock on crack through this hideously trebly solid state amp, writing riffs that are half pinch harmonics, and soloing in the pentatonic minor all the time. And here's this guy screaming in front of him.

"Hey, Kurt! Those rednecks you hate are here! And they're way better musicians than you!"

Also "Walk" is way overplayed, and I actually don't like Vulgar Display of Power all that much. The Great Southern Trendkill and Cowboys From Hell are the two Pantera albums I really like.

• Members
I just recently moved to Ames and not much goes on up here. Music scene sucks, and there is only one decent music store.

I'm moving back to Des Moines as soon as possible, lol. It's a lot better down there, and figured I might as well be closer to the scene.

I would normally PM you about this but i figure it's more like an F.U. to lincoln40. The music scene seems to be pretty happening in areas like Des Moines and the like. Over here in Dubuque it's pretty good music-wise but i haven't gotten any calls back from any bands looking for guitarists :facepalm::cry: Oh well i'll just keep looking :thu:

I also notice you're even worse than me with posting :lol: I thought i was the only one who took forever to get to 700 posts. I guess you and me both take long times off from HC :D

• Members

Bro, you're the one that talks like a child.

It seemed he was implying that "Walk" was overplayed, and that maybe it has sapped a lot of enjoyment from Pantera fans, so maybe it just isn't enjoyable, possibly even unlistenable for them.

Fuk it. Its badass music, just enjoy no matter what people say.:poke:

• Members
I would normally PM you about this but i figure it's more like an F.U. to lincoln40. The music scene seems to be pretty happening in areas like Des Moines and the like. Over here in Dubuque it's pretty good music-wise but i haven't gotten any calls back from any bands looking for guitarists
:facepalm::cry:
Oh well i'll just keep looking
:thu:

I also notice you're even worse than me with posting
:lol:
I thought i was the only one who took forever to get to 700 posts. I guess you and me both take long times off from HC
:D

Hah, yes, I am usually on the Dean or Seven-string.org forums, but I am really starting to like HC. Bunch of super classy dudes with a lot of experience. Des Moines isn't doing too bad, but quite a few bands have just disbanded, and it's allowed some of us younger bands get a slice of the National Act pie, haha.

I feel like I have been to Dubuque before, but I can't say for sure...

What kind of band are you looking for?

• Members

Fuk it. Its badass music, just enjoy no matter what people say.:poke:

Yeah, Pantera is okay...

I used to listen to them a lot in High School.

It's mainly been the metal movement from the East coast that I have been really interested in now.

Wretched will be making waves here soon, I can feel it!

Archived