Do you use dynamite to get your drummer's attention

• Members

soon you find out that 99% of the songs don't need a drum, and a grand cassa hit at every eighth mearure is all it needs, if at all

Christmas Eve, all my fam from Hawaii, all my Espousas fam from FL. PR etc. came to roost at 'Casa Skywalker'.

Big nor'easter snowstorms dumping on us every few days...

A gallon jug of homemade Coquito along with some industrial sized bottle of plebian Cavit Pinot Grigio made for some 'crazy go nuts' moments.

We somehow migrated to my studio, which is only 14x 10...we sang old Hawaiian tunes with my nephew from Honolulu playing his graduation present from the Punahou School A beautiful, handmade Koa wood Ukelele,,,,

Then we sang old paranda christmas songs from Puerto Rico.

It was a sight to behold, my beautiful wife and her sisters dancing and swaying their lovely hips, flashing their haunting green-blue eyes ( only happens when they are feeling anger or happiness:love:) against their Honey colored skin , while they did the percussion, playing the cabasa, guiro, un claves while the males sang and strummed...and smiled :love::love::love:

So weird, we ended the evening with Tommy Tu-tones 1980's hit Jenny, Jenny...867-5309 (might be the numbah I don't know)...

I was strumming the chords and we all kicked in...sort of a raga, samba dirge as we were all falling out at 2-3 am....

I wish I had switched the reel on the old Akai brought back from Southeast Asia circa 1969, but my old Tascam 414 mk 11 porta studio had a cheap 'gold sputtered' MXL 990 with a big dent on the cover plugged in and picked up much of the remaining magic.

my bro from Hawaii is mixing it down along with video/audio from various 'point and shoot' cameras that were present.

My nephews girlfriend posted a copy on youtube of some of the shinanigans but I have yet to find it.

But I digress,

Yes,! i agree with The Rudolph, you don't need a drum kit at a moment like this

No real drums needed this night.

But lotsa aspirin , tomato juice, agua and Gatorade the next day.

• Members

Instead of taking away the cymbals, just remove your drummer's right arm. He won't be tempted to do all that bashing and smashing and crashing and splashing then now, will he?

meh, think Rick Allen, Def Leppard, he lost his left wing, but thanks to electronica he continued to fly.

• Members

;

Man, if you find a drummer who can modulate his amplitude and who has good studio/rehearsal manners, YOU'D BETTER KEEP HIM. HE'S RARER THAN HEN'S TEETH.

damn, David, those are some major nicely chisled cheekbones (avatar) you are sporting there..not so unlike mine...;)

Tell me, was that your mug shot when you were being arraigned for the Texas Clock Tower massacre in Austin, TX back in the Sixties? :lol:

Archived