i just had to order a new guitar

arkansasmatt

• Members

Actually it's only going to be around $900-$1200 which is a surprisingly low price for a Gibson

Especially given that that's cheaper than a plain ol' explorer. Needs EMGs, though. Not because I think EMGs are the best pickups ever, but because a Dethklok guitar should have them.

• Members

Especially given that that's cheaper than a plain ol' explorer. Needs EMGs, though. Not because I think EMGs are the best pickups ever, but because a Dethklok guitar should have them.

Yeah i'm guessing Brenden Small himself actually likes passives but for Dethklok he uses EMGs. Maybe it was more for him rather than for Dethklok lol. Also he plays a lot of other LPs with passive pups such as that auto tuning {censored}.

• Members

Glad you're enjoying it! Other piece of advice: Get a really WIIIDDDEEE strap for it. I use a thin Fender strap on all my other guits, but this one really needs a wide strap to sit right and not feel like an anchor.

Let us know what you decide to replace the stockers w/and how it works out!

• Members

HNGD!!!

I dig the gothics too! So much so that once I got the used Gothic Explorer in the pic below, I found me a used Gibson SG Gothic too!! Oh, and I was going to sell my ivory explorer to pay for the Gothic, but that never happened....

:thu:

expair.jpg

• Members

love the white explorer

Thanks. I couldn't sell it as much as I tried to convince myself that I needed to, they make too nice of a pair together aesthetically and sonically. The Gothic is really in your face, even when playing "clean", and ivory "sings" much more ...and it's lighter too.

Any plans to match your new one up with another explorer?

Archived