Ibanez DE7 noisy...what to look for?

nuke_diver

• Members

Title says it. Not electric guitar but electric guitar related and since I mostly post here I'll ask here.

With the DE7 in the chain the signal is often noisy on both clean and dirt channels and pretty constant. If I go straight into the amp it's ok. If I bypass the DE7 it's ok. If I just go through the DE7 it's noisy so it's clearly that pedal. I thought at first it was a cable since I just repaired one but the cables both are fine alone.

Are there any pedal experts out there who can suggest what to look for/fix. I found a schematic of the pedal so if there is an idea of what to look for I might be able to fix it. I only paid $30 for the pedal a couple of years ago and while I can live with the noise now I suspect something is going bad and if so I'll either see if I can fix it the pedal or junk it.

DE7 Schematic

• Members

Constant hiss (white noise). Pretty constant db level (does change a bit with volume level but some of that will be the natural preamp hiss I get a really high gain/volume levels with this amp (and the previous one for that matter).

I never suspected the pedals until I stepped on the chorus pedal and that reduced the level though I'm still not sure why since the chorus is before the delay. When I heard that I started farting around with different pedal combinations until I isolated it to the delay

Archived